Date & time
Held every two years, OCIS is the premier conference in international studies held in Australasia. It brings together scholars working across all fields of international studies, and is known for its relaxed yet intellectually stimulating atmosphere.
Attended by leading scholars in the field internationally, it is an opportunity for junior scholars to take advantage of and to showcase their evolving ideas.
The ninth OCIS builds on previous successful conferences hosted by various universities and in 2020 it will be held back in Canberra hosted by the Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, The Australian National University.
Key dates for OCIS 2020
- Call for proposals – 1 September 2019
- Deadline for papers or panel proposals – 30 November 2019
- Notification of acceptance of proposals – 17 February 2020
- Deadline to register for speakers – 30 March 2020 (to remain on the program)
Travel bursaries will be available for:
- postgraduate students (10)
- scholars from Pacific Island countries (10)
- emerging scholars from the Asia-Pacific region (10)
Organising Committee Executive
- Chair - Professor Toni Erskine, Director, Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
- Deputy Chair - Professor Evelyn Goh, Shedden Professor of Strategic Policy Studies, Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs, ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
- Deputy Chair - Professor Ben Goldsmith, Professor of International Relations, School of Politics and International Relations, ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences