Pacific Geopolitics Workshop – Why are the geopolitics of the Pacific Islands so 'crowded and complex'?
Panel session #3 was recorded on the 1st day of a two day #PacificGeopolitics workshop themed ‘How does the ‘Pacific’ fit into the ‘Indo-Pacific’? The changing geopolitics of the Pacific Islands’ held on 6-7 June 2019
- Dr George Carter, Research Fellow, DPA, ANU
- Dr David Envall, Senior Lecturer and Director of Studies, Department of International Relations, ANU
- Denise Fisher, Europa Vising Fellow, Centre for European Studies, ANU
- Prof Stephanie Lawson, Honorary Professor, Department of Modern History, Politics & International Relations, Macquarie University
- Dr Graeme Smith, Fellow, DPA, ANU
- Dr Denghua Zhang, Research Fellow, DPA, ANU
The workshop is convened by Joanne Wallis, James Batley and Anthony Bergin. It is presented by the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre, Department of Pacific Affairs and National Security College at ANU, with additional funding from the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific Asia-Pacific Innovation Program.
For more information about the workshop, and to access other recordings and materials, please see the event page - http://bit.ly/2WmFKtA